Wednesday 6 November 2013

Taman Orkid of KL

Hi,

For the past two weeks I am in Malaysia (KL) and had a weekend to spend and went around looking for orchid shops and vendors and fellow orchid enthusiasts.

I came across two of them in KL

1) Taman Orkid. Orchid garden in the center of the city.
2) Lum Chin Orchids

Both these places are not directly reachable and required a quite a bit of walking. Thanks to GPS in my phone, I managed to walk about 2 Kms and reach the place

Taman Orkid is situated in the KL gardens which is like lalbagh of bangalore. I took a KTM to reach KL old railway station and started walking up a slope behind the national mosque.

This place KL garden has a lot of attractions a police museum, KL bird park and few others. My eyes were on Taman Orkid and I could find the place.

There were a lots of orchids species and hybrids of aeridis, vanda, renanthera, dendrobiums and oncidiums on display and I could manage to spend some time and see.

I wish there was orchid garden in lalbagh like this.

There were a few vendors selling orchids and I came across one shop selling only species and all other shops were selling hybrids. I could see shops charging a little money RM5 for taking photos with orchids and I could see some families/tourists paying money and taking the photos with orchids. Some extra income for the shops

I will write about that shop selling exclusive species in my next blog



No comments:

Post a Comment